- Deep Down: A Jack Reacher Story by Lee Child (eBook exclusive)
- John Doe: A Rizzoli & Isles Short Story by Tess Gerritsen (eBook exclusive)
- The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry (HC, eBook)
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (HC, eBook)
- The Last Six Million Seconds by John Burdett (TR, eBook)
- Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin (TR, eBook)
- Blackjack by Andrew Vaachs (TR, eBook)
- Fireproof by Alex Kava (HC, eBook)
The Dish On Vish Puri
Vish Puri, P.I.
- Born: 1951
- Birthplace: Punjabi Bagh, Delhi
- Nickname: Chubby
- Wife: His wife, Rumpi, is the daughter of a retired Brigadier in the Indian army. They have three daughters.
- Mother: Puri’s mother, known to all as “Mummy-ji,” is a retired head teacher with a keen interest in the affairs of others. A capable detective in her own right, she often becomes embroiled in minor cases, despite Puri’s disapproval: “Women are not detectives and detectives are certainly not Mummies,” as Puri points out. But when the father of a star Pakistani cricketer is poisoned in The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken, she realizes that she alone has unique insight into the case.
- Father: Puri is the son of a deceased Delhi police officer, framed for corruption.
Carrie remake set to start filming this Summer
The Woman in Black is now on DVD
Now you can take her home... The Woman in Black, starring Daniel Radcliffe, based on Susan Hill’s novel of the same name, is now available on DVD.
CWA Award News
We are pleased to announce that Trackers by Deon Meyer and Phantom by Jo Nesbo have both been shortlisted for the CWA International Dagger.
“Meyer’s thrillers include a variety of characters, some of whom reappear from previous apparently independent novels. He craftily constructs three apparently unrelated stories each of which engages with his characteristic theme: hunters whose compulsions make them sleuths in nature as well as culture. The judges think that this is Meyer at his best, but fear that the slightest revelation might spoil readers’ pleasure.” —CWA International Dagger jury citation
“In what may be the last of his Harry Hole series, Nesbø’s gifts for tautly strung thrillers bring his series characters together in a twisting plot. This novel is less savagely violent than his recent serial-killer investigations, which the judges applaud, without diminishing Harry’s knightly quests on the mean streets.” —CWA International Dagger jury citation
The winner will be announced on July 5.